Logic Studio with Apogee Ensemble...

skillz1000

i just received my ensemble and seem to have a bad mic/line 1.

anyone have a problem like this or can offer advice on fixing the problem?

i am running logic pro 8 on a macbook pro running os 10.4.10 and have updated the firmware on the ensemble as well.

when i plug in a mic or an instrument or whatever my meter on track 1 jumps and stays - please see pic attached.

thank you in advance for your support

2069064054_Picture1.thumb.png.1aa01b58b38cde9940862e3023bfecb0.png

thanks for the response. there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my set-up. nothing i can see anyway. double checked logic and maestro.

any other advice/ideas - anything at all - please

i really hope it's not a hardware issue - bought brand new

no tips from me just yet except make sure you update your firmware

What happens when you take off record-enable on that track? Presume it goes away. I still think you've got a loop going on somewhere but that's the last I'll mention it. I think when I had the problem it was back in Logic 7 and it turned out to be something I'd misconfigured in my environment window. I haven't used the environment since upgrading to Logic 8.

Hey there,

First, I assume you have updated both the Ensemble AND Maestro?

Now, open the maestro panel and reset the driver go-

settings page/clock source button/select "word clock"/ then back to "internal"

this resets the driver,. BTW, turn OFF your monitors before this.

That should sort it out, if not call Apogee TS,. they are GREAT!

FWIW,

I'm sure you'll get it sorted out. I use the Ensemble with L8,. the system works flawless I've had no issues at all and is really great sounding.

You will be very happy

PMc...you ain't in the Seattle area, are ya? I'm gonna setup my new Ensemble sometime this week...would love some 'experienced' help.

fyi..I use a Lucid Genx 96 Master Clock for word clock to my Moto 828 now, as well as my mBox 2 Pro. I'm assuming I can still use it with the Apogee?

Hi Dave,

No, I'm down in LA.

Sure you can clock the Ens to the Lucid, also,. you might be interested in checking the stand alone option on the Apogee site.

The Apogee in this context would just be a front end (nice set of AD/DA) to your MOTU or whatever. No FW cable is needed,.. very cool.

I've done this using the Ensemble as front end to Fireface 800 (this allows me to use the fireface Total mix to control the entire studio .

(which is MUCH better than Apogees Maestro btw) yet still use all the ins of the Apogee with the Firefaces,.. I clocked everything to the Ensemble.

This standalone concept works great except in my case the Fireface hangs my Mac Pro on launching which is why I replaced it with the Ensemble.

As long as you don't have that issue, this route is simpler than aggregate of say,.. your Motu and Ensemble. As it lets you use all ins/outs or both units but working with only one panel (in your case Cue Mix)

Worth a look maybe?

Good luck.

PMcC

i just received my ensemble and seem to have a bad mic/line 1.

anyone have a problem like this or can offer advice on fixing the problem?

i am running logic pro 8 on a macbook pro running os 10.4.10 and have updated the firmware on the ensemble as well.

when i plug in a mic or an instrument or whatever my meter on track 1 jumps and stays - please see pic attached.

thank you in advance for your support

Have you tried a different input?

Are you sure the input 1 on the Ensemble is all the way down. and you have selected the correct setting (mic) or whatever

(in the case of an axe)?