Instrument automation reading issue

jackballed

It's been a bit since I last used Logic so forgive me if this is a simple mistake on my end.

When I add a new instrument track, Logic keeps resetting the fader to 0dB without any automation and Read turned off. I've used the command to delete all automation on the selected track. I know it's something in my project template because it doesn't do it with a new project. Hopefully there's just a setting I can't find. 

I'm running Logic 10.8.1 on a Mac Studio and Sonoma 14.3.1.

I made a GIF but I don't know how to compress it to fit as an attachment, so here's a dropbox link. **EDIT** I don't even know how to get it to play from Dropbox, so sorry if it's not working.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7927d0ys8o4y9j8a7mbs0/Kapture-2024-02-21-at-13.16.12.gif?rlkey=gd6w6258to27qemz25ivf2cbd&dl=0

Edited by jackballed

Alrighty, I think I found the problem. When I created a new instrument (Inst 9 in this case), Logic was assigning it to an instrument track I had deleted long ago, which is also Inst 9, except not all the Inst 9 channels were deleted in the Environment. When I found those left over channels and deleted those also the automation issue worked normal again.

The more concerning issue with all this is Logic kept crashing when I tried to add any new instrument tracks after creating the Inst 9 track (when it was still linked).

How do I make sure this doesn't happen again in the future? If I delete a track that has multi channels/tracks in the Main Window but I miss one of the channels, how do I make sure to find all the remaining channels? Is the only way by browsing the Mixer page in the Environment? 

Thank you.

57 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

When that project is open, choose File > Project Settings > Audio, click the "Channel Strips" tab, and make sure "Automatic management of channel strip objects" is selected? 

Thanks, David. "Automatic management of channel strip objects" is/was selected. I checked that before I posted my last reply, which is why I'm unsure how to prevent this. Hopefully this was a fluke.