Clicking DMD GUI automatically selects track stack

AMD
Go to solution Solved by oscwilde,

Hi everyone.

Clicking or closing the Drum Machine Designer GUI automatically selects the track stack where it is instantiated. That behaviour is almost never what I want and I'm wondering if there's a way to disable it?

Thanks.

• Solution

As David mentioned, no way to disable it, but you can press "V" to close all plug-in windows which prevents the behaviour/leaves your selection of another track (for example) as it was.
If you're working in another plug-in window, however, it's not gonna be the solution you're after. 😉

• Like 2

Thank you both. I'll settle for the close all plug-in windows command for now.

I wonder what their thinking (or lack of) was behind the behaviour. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Edited by AMD
typo

5 minutes ago, AMD said:

I wonder what their thinking (or lack of) was behind the behaviour. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I think the behaviour is because it's a track stack...and the act of selecting anything in the DMD UI (or closing it) automatically selects the stack (master track).

Just now, oscwilde said:

I think the behaviour is because it's a track stack...and the act of selecting anything in the DMD UI (or closing it) automatically selects the stack (master track).

Mmm. I find it annoying and nonsensical.