A project ends much further than the actual « Project end »

Bebop26
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi !

I have a project that ends at bar 127.

In the control bar, the « Project end » indicates bar 127 and the last data ends at bar 125.

When I share the project to Music (File : Share : Song to Music), it bounces the project up to bar 154.

I absolutely see nothing after bar 127.  Even the tempo track ends at bar 127.

Someone has an explanation ?

Thanks for your precious help.

Thanks dess99 for answering me.

Well, in Share to Music, there is no option Include audio tail. But yes, the option was checked in Bounce.

I unchecked it and did a bounce, to be sure that the option would be memorized. The mp3 that I bounced ended correctly, at bar 127.

Then, I did again a Share to Music (where I do not have the Include audio tail option) and the song ended once again at bar 154.

I went back to the Logic Guide and realized that some plugins might sometimes cause a project to last too long when the Include audio tail is checked.

I won't check it anymore, but it does not seem to be the problem here.

What can it be ?

• Solution

Some plug-ins may create some low level noise or resonances that don't qualify as pure digital silence and prevent the "Include Audio Tail" feature to stop including audio since it continues to detect audio. 

It's generally recommend that you keep that option off. 

If the Share option won't behave, then as a workaround, you could first bounce your project (with Include Audio Tail turned off), then drag your bounce into a new project, and share that? 

Oops... maybe I have a clue.

My tempo track seems to continue forever. I don't see how  to have it to end at bar 127...  maybe that causes the project to continue until bar 154 ?

I purposely changed the end of the project to bar 200 to see what was happening with the tempo track and to be sure that no data was existing after the end of the project, at bar 127 (I will put it back there). See the screenshot.

Capturedecranle2024-02-23a17_42_33.thumb.png.5cf8c42113ae56ae9d0b9944d260681c.png

Can it be the tempo track the problem ? (I once tried a tempo change in that song but then changed my mind and kept it steady at 110 bpm.)