Audio Files Missing

Hi all, this one has got me stumped. I'm on LogicPro 10.8.1 on MacBook Pro, OS Sonoma 14.3.1.

I recorded half of a song yesterday and finished it off today. After bouncing and saving, I decided I'd quite like to create a new template from it as I was super happy with the latest track settings, so I deleted all bar one AI drum segment, keeping all the tracks and their settings in place and created a new template. I did not hit save and then closed the file down. So no changes to the previously saved, finished file, I'm 100% sure of that. When I opened the file back up, a moment later, half the audio files were missing. Looked for them on my hard drive, and they were nowhere to be seen. Upon checking the wave files in the songs folder, it now contains audio files from different songs! This was a brand-new song created yesterday from a template.

I have lots of spare hard drive space, not using any external devices, and not saving the file as a package. My trash can only contains audio files that I had deleted from the song prior to saving today. I'm a serial saver, literally after everything I do on a file.

The playhead here shows where I got to with the file yesterday, so it does contain audio from today's session and you can see that some of yesterdays are missing also.

image.thumb.png.17046498fb5f10ebc27a6ec3f5b5b9a3.png

Obviously, I don't hear the missing audio files, they've just completely vanished into the ether. It feels like a corrupt file, although, barring the missing audio, it is performing fine. My gut is telling me there's a bug in the template feature hierarchy (might explain why the file now has audio files from other songs that used the same template as this one).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just in case there was some history feature in Logic or something else I'm not aware of.

Many thanks in advance!

I also need to add that when I created a new project from the new template, and then hit save without adding in any new content, it brought with it a bunch of old audio files, like it's been trawling these for years. Literally, the only thing in the template is this AI drum segment...

image.thumb.png.c0413d4665bd6596d4701f26930f7b7b.png
image.thumb.png.93a928a04a7cfae19d7e43eb2511757d.png