Track export issue: Summing tracks contain signals from tracks that don't actually feed into them

alexe

I'm experiencing a weird issue: I have a project with a number of summing tracks and would like to export all of the tracks. I also have a number of auxiliary channels for reverbs and delays for which I created tracks with empt MIDI regions spanning the entire tracks such that I can export these effects as well, nicely separated from the dry tracks.

I used the method to select all tracks in the project and then export "X Tracks as Audio Files", not "All Tracks as Audio Files".

The individual exported tracks are all as expected, but some of the summing and aux track exports are corrupted: They contain signals of tracks that don't even feed into them, and there are strange timing issues. For example, I have a summing track for all drums (bus 1) and one for all vocals (bus 2). The summing track export for the drums is fine: It contains a sum of all the drums and nothing else, as expected. The summing track export for the vocals, however, is corrupted: It contains both the vocals and the drums, and the vocal are too slow, as if they had been slightly time-stretched.

The reverb and delay tracks are corrupted as well: I have three delay aux tracks, and even though ONLY the vocal tracks send to these delays, the exported delay tracks weirdly contain the drum signal as well. Same withe a vocal hall aux track: Only the vocal tracks send to it, but it contains the drum signal as well.

Has anybody experienced something like this before and knows a fix?

Some more routing details:

• The drums and vocals send to strictly separate aux busses. That is, the drums only send to auxes to which the vocals don't send and the other way around. There is no aux bus to which both the drums and the vocals send.
  • I double-checked that all the individual drum tracks output to bus 1, which is the input of the drum summing track.
  • I double-checked that all the individual vocal tracks output to bus 2, which is the input of the vocal summing track.
  • The vocal summing stack contains a few sub-summing stacks, so there are three hierarchy levels for the vocals. Only the top-level summing track export is corrupted, the second-level summing track exports are fine, as are the individual track exports.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by alexe

Ah, if I select only all the individual tracks and export those (i.e. omit any summing tracks), then the delay and reveb aux tracks export correctly (i.e. only contain the signals they are supposed to contain).

It's still weird why this doesn't work if I export the summing tracks as well.