Alternative tunings/Setttings

Johan Lindström
Go to solution Solved by des99,

I discovered the fantastic alternative tuning menu in Logic some years ago . The menu were you can choose between Indian tuning or Gamelan and so on. Now that I have updated Logic to the latest version on my new computer, the old menu is gone and doesn´t have all the different tunings that I liked. Anyone know why it is changed, and is it possible to import the old one?

Yeah, I mean that one, like in your picture. I´m not in my studio right now so I cannot recall which version I had.  Probably a 2 year old version. So the new list/menu in the "Software Instrument Tuning Table" isn't the same and not as big as the older one.

Is it possible to import the the previous?

• Solution

Ok, I had a look at 10.4.8 and it's "Type" list of menu options is indeed longer than what's displayed in 10.8.1. I then looked in the 10.8.1 resources and saw it contains both the tuning tables as displayed, and a "legacy" tuning tables folder, containing all the old ones.

So, as is my usual method of experimenting with the modifiers - if you hold "Option" and click on that Type menu, you'll see all the legacy items are there (below in a new "Legacy" section) and can be selected as before. 👍

SCR-20240227-opcv.thumb.png.a5436a141c182a2ba8291092e4f5b599.png

(Thanks - I learned something new today! 🙂 )

• Like 2