Term Confusion

Robert Leslie
Go to solution Solved by fuzzfilth,

1 hour ago, Bobberdoggy said:

Good point Alan Shields. Are there any you might recommend? I'm trying to learn about this wonderful DAW from the ground up. Thank you kindly for chiming in on my behalf.

Cheers, Bobberdoggy

If I may, I do not have a YouTube channel, but I have authored a Logic Pro book just for people like you. Complete with exercises, professional Logic Pro sessions that you learn to edit, arrange and mix. From the ground up. 😄

https://www.logicprohelp.com/logic-pro-book/

• Like 1

I too would strongly recommend David's book.

If you want to check out good YT channels I recommend:

Why Logic Pro Rules

Music Tech Help Guy

Jono Buchanan Music

Needless to say, I don't have any affiliations with any of these. I find Jono especially good for beginners to intermediate levels. Each video is relatively short and covers a single topic so just look through the list and find a topic that you're interested in.

HTH,

Alan.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Alan Shields said:

I too would strongly recommend David's book.

If you want to check out good YT channels I recommend:

Why Logic Pro Rules

Music Tech Help Guy

Jono Buchanan Music

Needless to say, I don't have any affiliations with any of these. I find Jono especially good for beginners to intermediate levels. Each video is relatively short and covers a single topic so just look through the list and find a topic that you're interested in.

HTH,

Alan.

@Alan Shields @David Nahmani - thank you both for so kindly mentioning my website WLPR!

I also whole-heartedly recommend David’s books. The lessons are straight-to-the-point and immediately rewarding, launching the reader directly into the fun of crafting music in Logic Pro. I continue to pick up copies and follow along with the lessons 🙂 

Edited by xchrisxtopher
  • Like 3

Hi Chris,

I never realised that you were a member here. WLPR would always be high on any Logic list of mine. I always learn something new from your videos, even on topics that I thought I knew fairly well. I would gladly recommend your Chanel to any Logic user.

Alan.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, xchrisxtopher said:

thank you both for so kindly mentioning my website WLPR!

I'll give a third-recommendation for these - it's great to see people who both know Logic really well, and also have an excellent presentation style and break things down in an accessible way. I think your channel is probably the best of all the Logic-related content I've seen on YT (but I've not made an exhaustive survey, of course!)

We've come a long way in available tutorial material since I first wrote my online Environment guides for (Notator) Logic 1.x in about 1993, back when there was precisely *one* Logic-related website... 😉

• Like 1

Thanks to all of you as I feel very welcome to the group. You are a kind bunch which is great. I'm trying to not be too much of a bother but I know I will and I pre-apologise for that, lol. I will definitely be looking into all the suggestions that you have recommended. I will order Davids book for sure as I think there would be great value in that. To be honest I hesitate because I have a lot of books on computer recording and my issue is that I have a learning issue that makes reading a real challenge but don't give up too easy. At times I feel as though I'm trespassing in a world that that is so far out of my universe. I have a great voice and that's what keeps the train moving for me. Thanks again folks.

• Like 1

A bit off topic but yesterday I watched the latest episode of Sunday Morning on CBS with Jane Pauly. They did a nice story on a young fellow that was using Logic Pro to create some very interesting music. On one of his compositions he was using over 900 tracks. It just confirmed for me that Logic Pro is a very powerful DAW without limits. Hope this post is not too far off topic.

There are always limits, but there are often creative ways around them. I had a 12-track digital recorder before I used Logic as a DAW, and I did songs with over 100 tracks on that. It's just a bit more hassle to manage, but it's doable, if that's what you want to achieve.

But yes, if I'd had my MBP with Logic and my plugins back in the late 80s/early 90s, I'd have thought I'd died and gone to DAW Heaven! 😉