Is OVOX by Waves troublefree?

Go to solution Solved by fisherking,

• David Nahmani changed the title to Is OVOX by Waves troublefree?
  • Solution

fwiw, am not promising it's 'trouble-free'... no way for me to know how a plugin will behave on someone else's system. so many variables, ie the hardware, your OS, logic version.

i had a lot of fun with ovox, but stuck with izotope's vocalsynth2. just 2 variations on a similar idea... & perhaps worth checking out:

vocalsynth2

Thanks fisherking. I just got it and spent a whole day getting the "d..." thing to work. The manual simply is incorrect/incomplete. Waves themselves have however given some indication on their user forum as to what to do. Now that it is working it seems pretty awesome, maybe a bit "too". I'd rather have a bit less in possibilities but more of the traditional sounding vocoding than the very wild possibilities of OVOX. Oh, well I got it dirt cheap for 28 Euros because of a leap year sale. Ends tomorrow.

• Like 1

Yeah nothing is ever trouble free, especially when it comes to computers and audio software.

Ovox itself seems to be pretty stable, but if you want to send it midi information you have to run it as a midi controlled effect in Logic and send it audio via sidechain.  This is a bit cumbersome in my opinion, but that's a Logic limitation, not Ovox.

I really wish Logic would update it strips so there was no need to do this and that it would be possible to pass midi to plugins on an audio track.  That really should have been implemented when Apple rebuilt Logic's mixer quite a few years back.

28 minutes ago, simon.a.billington said:

Yeah nothing is ever trouble free, especially when it comes to computers and audio software.

Ovox itself seems to be pretty stable, but if you want to send it midi information you have to run it as a midi controlled effect in Logic and send it audio via sidechain.  This is a bit cumbersome in my opinion, but that's a Logic limitation, not Ovox.

I really wish Logic would update it strips so there was no need to do this and that it would be possible to pass midi to plugins on an audio track.  That really should have been implemented when Apple rebuilt Logic's mixer quite a few years back.

Couldn't agree more!

• Like 1