Using two keyboards - struggling with assigning pedals

MonoPoly307

Hey guys

I'm using a two-tier setup with MainStage for the first time. 

I've started with a template ("Two Keyboards"), which by default seems to send all MIDI from both physical keyboards to the upper and lower keyboard layer in MainStage. 

This seems easy enough to fix, in the Layout section. 

However, when I add a second sustain pedal, to use with the upper physical keyboard, I'm struggling to assign this. Ideally I'd just like every control (pedal, mod/pitch wheels, keys themselves) to all be grouped together automatically so I don't have to assign them all to the respective upper or lower keyboard in MainStage.

I'd love some tips on how to sort this out. 

Thanks guys!

Mike

Hi @MonoPoly307,

On 3/10/2024 at 3:58 AM, MonoPoly307 said:

However, when I add a second sustain pedal, to use with the upper physical keyboard, I'm struggling to assign this.

What kind of difficulty are you having with assigning a specific MIDI (Input) Port to the second pedal? Can you please be more specific? Here all it takes is selecting it the pedal in layout mode and either clicking "Assign" and press on the actual physical pedal, or selecting the desired port from the MIDI Port dropdown menu.

On 3/10/2024 at 3:58 AM, MonoPoly307 said:

Ideally I'd just like every control (pedal, mod/pitch wheels, keys themselves) to all be grouped together automatically

Unfortunately, you can't group the pedals with of those other screen controls (mod/pitch wheels and keyboard), but you can Shift + click to do a multiple selection and assign a MIDI Input Port to at least the wheels and pedals simultaneously (the keyboard can be selected with the rest, but the port assignment will only apply to the others).

J.