Vocal track playing 'early'

lostblues
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi,

I've been working on a file for a while now that has only just started playing back the vocal track early. By early I mean, it now sounds like it is playing ahead of the music rather than with it.

I just made a version of the file with zero plugins and sends and it is still doing the same thing.

Any ideas? 

Running version 10.6.3 and buffer set to 1024 with recording delay set to zero.

thanks

No to both. After I somehow managed to get the one section that was 'out of time' to play 'in time', the earlier part of the vocal track went out. I couldnt tell you what I did to get the 2nd half in time but I can't seem to have the whole vocal track play normally.

OK, thanks!

I am having some difficulties understanding the situation, to be honest. 

One thing you could do is to upload a copy of your project here, so that others could potentially look at it to help you. David has described how to do that, in the first post in following thread:

• Solution

Ok. Is it possible that the audio region that contains the vocal recording has moved? You can select the region and choose Edit > Move > To Recorded Position to put it back where it was recorded. 

If that wasn't it, undo that last operation to put it back where it currently is. 

On 3/10/2024 at 1:26 PM, Dr.Socrates said:

Could you have accidentally dragged the vocal region(s) to the left?

On 3/10/2024 at 1:35 PM, lostblues said:

No [...].

14 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Is it possible that the audio region that contains the vocal recording has moved?

14 hours ago, lostblues said:

That has resolved it. It's strange that one half section of the region moved and the other didn't but at least it's working.

🙂

To be fair David offered a solution for that possibility. I obviously had no idea that it had moved, there was no reason for me to consciously do it so it didn't make sense that it was moved and I couldn't work out a way to confirm or disconfirm.

• Like 2