AU plugins i just installed won't appear in my Logic project.

Nacef Zekri
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hey everyone, i downloaded some freewares an hour ago and spent the next trying to find them on my laptop. I retried again, downloading it with the VST2 and 3 files but still can't find them anywhere. They all are Full Buckets' free plugins and I thought because of the helping program when you open it that it was going to be easy. Someone know how I can add them to my Logic app and then use them in a project ? 

Logic does not support VST format files. The only plugin format Logic uses is the mac platform's standard AudioUnit audio plugin format.

FBM does do AU versions of most of their plugins, so make sure you're downloading/installing the correct versions, and *reboot your computer* (important) after installation before checking to see whether they show up in Logic.

• Like 1

• Solution
  1. Make sure you download the macOS VST2/VST3/AU installer,
  2. Make sure you install the AU version,
    Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 1.39.32 PM.png
  3. check that the .component file was installed in Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/
    Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 1.44.11 PM.png
  4. Close and reopen Logic Pro, and make sure you click the right type of slot (Instrument slot for an instrument plug-in, Audio FX slot for an effect plug-in).
    Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 1.45.50 PM.png Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 1.45.33 PM.png
  • Like 2