'Save' function won't work, but 'save as' does?

LiquidCrystal

Same issue has been happening to me lately. I was just about to post, when I searched and found this message.

Same thing - I can save as and/or rename, but not save...

I am running Logic project from my Synology DS220+ NAS over Ethernet and never had similar issue. Tried to google something, but no results...

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 12.09.43.png

Do not work on network attached storage. Logic doesn't play well with it. It might work, or what you're experiencing might happen.

The general consensus is, not to do it.

You may of course discuss this further if you want, but it will be of little use.

13 hours ago, wonshu said:

Do not work on network attached storage. Logic doesn't play well with it. It might work, or what you're experiencing might happen.

The general consensus is, not to do it.

You may of course discuss this further if you want, but it will be of little use.

At least for me my project is just on an external SSD. Never had any issues saving on the drive before.

Then that's likely your problem - as covered here many times, you should not use non-Apple filesystems to store Apple files that rely on macOS filesystem features to work. Logic projects use features of the Apple filesystem that disk formats from Microsoft etc do not support, leading to weird issues, possible corruption and bad performance if you try.

It's Ok to zip those projects into zip files and store them or transfer them on exFAT drives, but do not work natively on Logic projects on anything other than Mac filesystems (APFS preferably).

2 minutes ago, des99 said:

Then that's likely your problem - as covered here many times, you should not use non-Apple filesystems to store Apple files that rely on macOS filesystem features to work. Logic projects use features of the Apple filesystem that disk formats from Microsoft etc do not support, leading to weird issues, possible corruption and bad performance if you try.

It's Ok to zip those projects into zip files and store them or transfer them on exFAT drives, but do not work natively on Logic projects on anything other than Mac filesystems (APFS preferably).

Ok thanks. Weird that I've never had any problems before, been using the same drive for years. Is there a way to re-format the drive without losing data?