convert track volume automation to gain plugin automation.

I suddenly realised today that a feature which converts track automation to a gain plugin would be amazing.

it means that no matter how much volume automation you do on a track, you can convert it and a gain plugin will be added and match the automation.

if this then deleted the volume automation then you'd have your track back and could use the fader again.

i know apple aren't listening but i thought id share it.

what do you all think?

cheers!

You can convert automation from one parameter to another parameter - just hold (iirc, can't check right now), option while selecting the new parameter - Logic will ask you to copy or convert it to the new automation parameter.

Sure:

Kapture2024-03-12at22_28_11.gif.95ac3916785b18ccff13d40a778af86a.gif

Don't forget if your main problem is you can't use the fader because the written automation on the track is controlling it, you have lots of options, including VCA faders, sub-groups and so on, which will let you automate, but still have fader tweaking control.

this is brilliant.

just have some questions after using it for a day.

sometimes (often) the track goes silent when i convert volume automation to gain. no idea why.

also should the fader go back to being at 0dB after converting or at the highest point of volume on the track?