Logic Plug-In Manager saying that plugins have been successfully validated, but they aren't showing

mmkm
Go to solution Solved by des99,

Hello,

I have just got a new machine and I'm trying to install my old plugins and going through the ballache of licenses/reinstallation etc. I have tried to install Soundtoys Decapitator and AudioThing's Reels, as well as a few other plugins.

In the plugin manager it says they have all been successfully validated, but they aren't appearing in my AU Instrument folder. 

I had to uninstall loads of iZotope software that wasn't loading properly either, as well as some other Soundtoys plugins. It seems like every new plugin I try to install is not being implemented properly. The component is there as well. 

I'm on a 2023 Mac Studio/M2 Max/Ventura 13.5

Grateful for any help, thanks in advance!

• Solution
3 minutes ago, mmkm said:

I have tried to install Soundtoys Decapitator and AudioThing's Reels, as well as a few other plugins.

In the plugin manager it says they have all been successfully validated, but they aren't appearing in my AU Instrument folder. 

That's normal behaviour - the two plugins you specify are audio effects, not audio instruments. They will only appear in the audio effects plugin menus, not the instrument plugin menus.

Double-check you're looking in the correct plugin menus for the expected plugins.

• Like 1

Jesus wept of course it is. I've been here doing full audio unit resets and deleting caches for ages and I've just been looking in the wrong folder. I've been clicking on the instrument section expecting FX to show up. Amazing. 

Thank you, I need to lie down now...

• Haha 1