No sound on stereo bus, crash after changing output device

Tomek_H
Go to solution Solved by Tomek_H,

Hi Guys,
My gear: MacBook Pro M1 with Sonoma and RME Babyface Pro (not FS) interface.

It happened today. I ran Logic Pro as usual and there was no sound on the stereo output. I can see the signal on the individual tracks, but there is no signal on the stereo output and I can't hear any sound. 

However, I changed the output device to the Mac's internal speakers (now the signal goes correctly) and then went back to my Babyface Pro interface. Now I can hear the sound, but the Mac crashes. The sound cuts out and the whole program behaves strangely. It's slow and doesn't respond properly to mouse movements.

I reinstalled Logic 2 times and updated Sonoma to the latest version. It didn't help. It's even worse because I've lost all the colours of the tracks and they are all less visible in the mixer (white - I think it looked different before).

Anyone can help?

Edit: now I noticed the colours are visible when opening mixer in separate window (that's why you see it at the pic I attached).
Anyway I called to the Apple help centre and after 40 minutes talk I reinstalled the whole system. It didn't help although I can see it happens only at this particular project. Every other project opens correctly. Is there any way to duplicate this project with no bugs like this?

Zrzut ekranu 2024-03-13 o 12.44.53.png

Edited by Tomek_H

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Thanks Dan! Nice to have that kind of knowledge for the future.
Anyway, the problem has been solved and I'm quite shocked at the reason for the whole thing.

It was the Tonal Balance Control plug-in (Izotope)! I have it as a subscription and somehow it logged me out without any information. I wasn't aware of this because, as you can see, it appears as blue and seems to work. But it didn't throw the signal forward 😮
4 hours lost...

Edited by Tomek_H
  • Like 2