Audio and Movie not syncing in logic.

dnito

Hi-

I shot some video on an iPhone 15 Pro. When I import the movie into logic and export the audio as a separate audio file it does not sync properly. The video was shot in":

• Ultra wide Camerac 13MM f2.2
  • 1080P 1920 X1080. 
  • 29.98 FPS.

Logic does not support 29.98. Is that my issue and if so, how do I fix it?

Thanks

Edited by dnito

When you export audio to movie, this leverages the QuickTime rendering engine - i.e. it's not a function of Logic itself.

As something to look for....the sample rate. QT defaults to 44.1. Logic defaults to 48 kHz. Make sure the QT render (export audio to movie) setting is 48 kHz in the dialogue/file save window.
The file format/bit depth will help with file sizes, and shouldn't have any impact on timing...but experimenting won't hurt.

The other thing that can cause weirdness is the start point of the project.
Set start at 1 1 1 1.

13 minutes ago, oscwilde said:

Logic supports "drop frames"....but probably not where the issue lies.
Set it to 29.97d:

10e9576ca2d65c117b581294e5886c97.png

Thanks. I think I already had it set to those setting. The sync problems seems to persist. If I move the audio later it seems to help, but I don't know if this is wise.

4 minutes ago, oscwilde said:

When you export audio to movie, this leverages the QuickTime rendering engine - i.e. it's not a function of Logic itself.

As something to look for....the sample rate. QT defaults to 44.1. Logic defaults to 48 kHz. Make sure the QT render (export audio to movie) setting is 48 kHz in the dialogue/file save window.
The file format/bit depth will help with file sizes, and shouldn't have any impact on timing...but experimenting won't hurt.

The other thing that can cause weirdness is the start point of the project.
Set start at 1 1 1 1.

Thanks!

When I recorded the video on my iPhone I also recorded the audio through the iphone's mic and into logic at 44.1. Is that another issue?

How do I confirm that U am starting at 1.1.1.1?