Recent List isn't retained

Maestro777
Go to solution Solved by Maestro777,

Not certain if is the defaulted new behavior that suddenly I'm now seeing b/c I upgraded vs fresh install, or if it's a legit issue but I'm not any longer seeing a list of my previously opened projects in Logic. Instead I get an empty window and a prompt to browse for my previous project. This is a new one to me b/c it just looks wrong. Ideas? Anyone know of a fix if this isn't the expected behavior?

Screenshot2024-03-13at8_35_38AM.thumb.png.0b9df3f13717b3f899c7d884b69f5dd1.png

• Solution

Managed to figure this one out and maybe a majority of folks already knew which is why no one bothered to answer this. But for those like me who didn't have a clue, the answer is to ensure the Recent Items is turned on in the OS.

System Preferences ➤ General ➤ Recent items

Or you could go to System Preferences and just search for "Recent" for newer OS versions.

I personally had no clue that a Logic feature would be tightly integrated with the OS in this way and really doesn't make much sense to me why. My other DAW's simply display recent items without this feature being on in the OS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maestro777 said:

the answer is to ensure the Recent Items is turned on in the OS.

That wasn't necessarily obvious to everyone, because most people would have it turned on by default and never knew about the setting - so thanks a lot for sharing your own answer to your query. Much appreciated. 🙂 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 11:22 AM, Maestro777 said:

I personally had no clue that a Logic feature would be tightly integrated with the OS in this way and really doesn't make much sense to me why.

I'm pretty sure this is not a "Logic feature". That setting should at least apply to all Apple apps. Your other DAWs might use a different API to store their recent files lists.