Soundflow

jnchristp

Hej,

is anyone here using Soundflow with the newly added Logic Pro Package? I'm checking that out myself at the moment. I like the idea of automating some tasks in Logic. Like: I would love to have a script that automatically uses "Remove Silence" on selected tracks, one after the other. I'm not into programming macros myself, but I hope that this kind of macros will be added in the future. Also, stem processing. Etc.

Most of the commands that are inside of SoundFlow are already there in Logic and can be used with Logic Remote. So it is clearly in it's infancy. Integration of Soundflow and Pro Tools is on another level.

My thoughts at the moment: I know my shortcuts quite well so I'm fast with Logic. But I'm very dependent on PlugSearch for inserting plugins etc. That's a real timesaver. And it works great.

Cheers

Jan

Would love to hear about this from current users. My experience has been a bit weird. It seems to do simple key commands well, but combinations seem to fail.

An example is: set up a macro to create a new audio track with a specific input and output makes it hang. I can create a new audio track with the correct input or output but not both as it looks like it tries to select the input and then select the output from the same input drop down.

My gut says maybe soundflow isn’t quite ready for Logic yet but I’d love to be wrong as it would really enhance track sessions.

Just adding some more experience here after using it a lot more. I'm finding this very useful.

I have it on my stream deck and have been able to set up buttons to create new audio tracks with the correct input, new software instrument tracks with chosen preset (like a Kontakt piano for example). Things like a button to deactivate all plugins, turn the track off and hide it (for instances where I commit a track via outboard gear).

They've also responded to requests with info about development and how high it is on the list. Becoming very impressed.