Trouble packing a take folder

Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I hope I can make sense here.....I have three tracks with three separate takes of a vocal. I want to pack them so it will be easy to comp them.  One of the takes is about 7 DB louder than the other two . So I used the gain utility to drop the volume of the louder take to match the other two takes. The problem is when I pack them into a take folder, the gain change I make on the loud track isn't there anymore. So how do I pack these three tracks and keep the change I made to the gain on that one track?

• Solution

Before you pack your take folder, select the region that needs to be turned down, and use the Gain parameter in the Region inspector to drop the gain. 

Or, after you've already packed the take folder, click (or Option + click in case you had already started comping) a take to select it, and adjust its gain using the Gain parameter in the Region inspector. 

gain.gif

I did use the gain parameter to adjust the volume before I packed it, but after I packed it the volume went back to the way it was. OK I tried option clicking the take that needed adjusting and that was it!....Thanks...so easy....how did you get the region inspector window to appear by the track like that?