Bouncing AAC files - Is This Spec Actually Possible?

Tabasco Fiasco
Go to solution Solved by des99,

Attached is the audio spec my client has asked for for their film. I'm struggling to get it right and starting to wonder if it's even a possible spec for AAC.

My Logic project for mastering is 48Khz/24bit and that's what the stems are. If I select a 192kbps bitrate AAC then I get a 16bit file. If I select Apple Lossless AAC then i do get a 24bit file but the bitrate is 1599kbps.

(Also tried converting a 48/24 WAV in apples Music app and I got a 44.1 / 16bit file.)

Any insight would be much appreciated. Starting to think that the 192kbps / 16bit file will be fine...

Screenshot_20240317-165229__01.jpg

8 hours ago, loukash said:

No.

Also, I wonder what "KBP" is supposed to mean.
"Kilobit per"?

😅

After talking with an editor i know these audio settings are relevant when rendering the final film in likes of Premier or Final Cut etc and I should just provide a lossless file...

• Like 1

• Solution

^^ As above, or else contact them and clarify their requirements.

However, when I see published delivery specs that don't make sense, and therefore presumably have been written by someone that doesn't really understand this stuff, I'm usually a bit suspect of the competency of the people involved, so will often hold their hand a bit and deliver what I think they need to make their lives easiest, and let them complain if they want something else (at which point, I can get them to clarify and update their delivery requirements 😉 )

• Like 4

Thanks Des I think you have nailed it and kind of how this project has been going but I have been happy to help them. I have resolved to provide them full res PCM and even pointed them in the direction of tuitional videos on their video editing software to help them get the audio specs they need. Talk about over and above :'D

• Like 3