Once again, a routine Sound Library update rendered Logic unable to start

"I simply started Logic," saw that new sounds were available, and asked Sound Library Manager to download them – which it subsequently did. As I recall, it was just one fairly-inconsequential library with about a 250K download total.

Then, I noticed that several other sections of the "patches" section had indicators that they needed to be updated. This occurred after the Sound Library update was supposedly finished. I clicked on the various icons but apparently nothing happened. After a reasonable pause, no new downloads started. (Curious ...)

I then exited and restarted Logic to see if that fixed the problem – and now, "Logic will not start at all." Yes, I sent a crash-report to Apple. But now, Logic is completely unusable.

This happened to me once before, and I finally had to trash the library and spend more than a day reloading it from scratch. Is there anything else that I can do?

(OS: Ventura. Apple won't let me use more than that on this machine. Software up-to-date for that version.)

Edited by MikeRobinson

Posted (edited)

Because I was forced for other reasons to store the library on an external drive, in a library folder that I innocently did not think to duplicate, I'm now left with a full-day restore process.

But: "why did this happen, and why did it now happen twice?" 😡

Edited by MikeRobinson