Why is my Recorded Track out of sync with the Song?

jerrydpi
Go to solution Solved by JakobP,

Something STRANGE is going on 🙂

I know where the 1 is, and I know how to follow a click track, but on a new Song I'm recording, when I recording the Bass Track, I'm playing perfectly in time with the Song, but when played back, it's totally out of sync.

What's going on?

Edited by jerrydpi

Is it on playback that’s it’s out of sync? What’s your buffer size? Do you have low latency monitoring on?

Is your master clock of your interface set internally to the same setting as logic’s?

512 is high particularly nowadays with fast machines. I suggest low latency monitoring and setting buffer to 64 or 128. 

Posted (edited)

1) Yes, only on playback.

2) 512.

3) How do I check if the Master Clock on my Apollo Twin is set internally to the same setting as Logic?

4) I know how to set the Buffer, but how do I get low latency Monitoring?

Edited by jerrydpi

5 minutes ago, jerrydpi said:

That did it!

Should I set the Buffer Size really low?

I have my buffer set to 64 and rarely change that, but this of course depends on how demanding your projects are, in relation to how powerful your Mac is... Also, I'd set the Process Buffer Range back to the default "Medium" setting unless you have reasons to set it to "Large" ? 

Edited by JakobP
  • Like 1

would any of these settings effect timing of bounced mixes or stems, or just recording? I'm having trouble with bounced stems/mixes being out of sync when importing to another daw with identical project settings. We never had this problem before recent updates, both LPX and StudioOne. Thanks