CPU cannot handle one single track...!?

Gianni_Gon

I always wanted to record myself with piano and voice only. But I haven't taken the time to get this issue solved.
As you can see in the screenshot on the very right side there is a thread at 100 % of its performance. The strange things is, Im not even playing at that moment!

So, as soon as I start playing and recording vocals, there are non-stop clip sounds interrupting all along. What I dont understand is:

a) why is this one thread active when I am not even playing?

b) Why arent the other thread active at all? Specially when Im playing? Wouldnt that kind of distribute the load more uniformely...? And what do this threads even represent?

b) how can there be an overload with one track only?

c) is there a way to fix this?

some extra info:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Processor: 2,2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Thank You for any help, I really appreciate it!

Screenshot2024-03-20at21_06_09.thumb.png.4ccec8ae2544af29733e41d7a4a1c10c.png

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 22.14.59.png

Edited by Gianni_Gon

Maybe the preset you have selected in Analog Lab is too much for your computer to handle? Without knowing your specs and audio setup, it’s difficult to comment…

Note: A selected instrument track will always place those plugins on the last core, it's called Live Mode and it's a performance optimisation for real time playing.

• Like 1

Now you've added the additional info, I would have thought your computer could handle Analog Lab OK (presumably, you're at 44KHz, rather than 96?)

If you choose a different preset in Analog Lab, does the core still max out? What version of Analog Lab are you running?

Does it happen if you choose Inbuilt Audio, rather than use the Scarlett as an interface?