Question about using the Add tracks dialog to create multiple tracks at once.

stratquebec

In the Add tracks dialog  (option+command+n), if, for example I create 8 new audio tracks (I set the “Number of tracks to create”  field to 8 then Logic create 8 new audio tracks as expected but the thing is those 8 tracks are all selected! This way if I solo, mute, pan etc. one of the newly created track then all selected tracks follow the action as if they were temporary grouped.  I don’t understand the idea here. I need to select one of those selected track to deselect all the others before doing anything.

Is there a way or a preferences to create multiple tracks at once but having them unselected leaving only the last selected track that was selected before adding tracks?

It's one mouse click (or button press) to select the track you want after this operation, and it's not like you're doing this operation multiple times in a row - you're just doing it once to create the amount of tracks you need.

I agree that I'm not sure I get the reasoning for the current behaviour - maybe it's just to highlight the tracks that were added in what could be a complicated arrangement so you can see them quicker, or to let you make changes on the added tracks quickly without having to select them first - but in any case, I can't see the one extra mouse click/track selection you need to do afterwards is exactly a major workflow problem...

21 minutes ago, stratquebec said:

I need to select one of those selected track to deselect all the others before doing anything.

Exactly.

4 minutes ago, des99 said:

I agree that I'm not sure I get the reasoning for the current behaviour - maybe it's just to highlight the tracks that were added in what could be a complicated arrangement

Seeing this that way, it would make sens to me.

Thanks for your input Des99!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, oscwilde said:

It also allows for stuff like assigning group functions, batch colors, names, etc....or arming the group immediately.

plus you can instantly drag the tracks to the desired position if they didn't end up where you wanted them to.

• Like 2