How to change middle key in virtual midi keyboard?

Anurag

I have been trying to use the virtual midi keyboard in logic now. You can change octaves and velocity, but the scale always starts from C. How can I change it so that it starts from a different key like A or D? Reaper has this feature where you just right click and the middle key is reassigned. Help would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, Anurag said:

I have been trying to use the virtual midi keyboard in logic now. You can change octaves and velocity, but the scale always starts from C. How can I change it so that it starts from a different key like A or D? Reaper has this feature where you just right click and the middle key is reassigned. Help would be appreciated.

If you're referring to the Musical Typing keyboard: That's not possible. TBH I never missed such a feature, especially as it leaves the "R" key command untouched.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Anurag said:

The one you open after pressing Command + K

That is the Musical Typing window. You can't change the key of the keyboard itself, but you can use the Transpose parameter in the region inspector or the track inspector to transpose the MIDI notes you're playing/recording with the Musical Typing window (or any other MIDI keyboard). 

For example if you select the track but leave all regions unselected then the region inspector displays the "MIDI Defaults" and you can set a Transpose value there, that will apply to any new recordings you make: 

Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 11.11.20 AM.png