Transposing notes page 351-352

Go to solution Solved by Morenza,

I have converted the pattern region into a MIDI region I have edited notes all notes in the bars 3 and 4 but unable to edit the bars at 5 and 6 and 7 and 8 as they are dimmed and cannot be highlighted how am I able to highlight the bars in 5,6,7,8 in the piano roll I have looped the midi region to bar 9 but from the loop all notes are dimmed

On 3/22/2024 at 5:28 PM, Morenza said:

unable to edit the bars at 5 and 6 and 7 and 8 as they are dimmed

I'm guessing here as I'm working from an eBook that doesn't have the same page numbers. If you can, let me know the lesson number, and name of the exercise. 

So guessing that you're on the exercise titled "Adding a Pattern Region to an Audio Track"?

It sounds like you may have looped a pattern region, rather then lengthened it? Make sure in step 3 you drag the lower-right corner, not the upper-right corner? 

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 3.03.19 PM.png

• Solution

yes I think that's what I done I got around it by converting the loop to a midi region but had to select from the first midi region to the second In order to get the exercise done using the piano roll

Thanks

• Like 1

Ok good to hear you found a workaround but none of this is necessary, you should be able to complete the exercise exactly as it is written in the book? I'm not sure what "first MIDI region" you're referring to but the best guess I can make is that instead of lengthening the pattern region as described in my previous post, you've looped it? If you can, post a screenshot. 

Basically there should be only one pattern region on the first track, from bar 1 to bar 9. Later you convert that pattern region into one MIDI region, that has the same length.