Flex issue on vocal track(shrinks and speeds up)

Nellis
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi champs, 

Have small issue. Trying to speed up a finished track from 124 to 126. All tracks are working along with flex and follow except one vocal track.

When I turn on flex for that track the regions jumps into shorter versions right away. When I choose polyphonic, then the file is still short. You can see it in the pictures. Flex Dragging it back into place only does this one region and I have a ton of regions in the big break so it's a pain doing one by one.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!!!

full track.jpg

original.jpg

flex on.jpg

3 minutes ago, Nellis said:

When I turn on flex for that track the regions jumps into shorter versions right away.

That is because that audio file has a different tempo embedded than the current project tempo. 

Turn off Flex, then select all the regions on that track and choose Edit > Tempo > Remove Tempo Information. Now turn on Flex. 

Hi David, I don't see your remove tempo information in this edit menu from the picture. I chose remove original recording tempo and then turned on flex but the audio became short right away again so I probably did something wrong

Schermafbeelding 2024-03-25 om 17.05.41.jpg

Ok! I think that fixed it without turning flex on! 

I selected the vocal track and chose the "Write Project Tempo to Audio File" from the Edit menu. Then I didn't turn flex on for that vocal track cause it still jumped back in the previous attempt. This time I wanted to check if the tempo was now already in the track and it was! So problem solved with your tip and without having to turn flex on for that track. Thanks!!!

• Like 1