How should I use Logic in this gig?

autoestopista
Go to solution Solved by dmitch57,

In a few months I have this gig in wich i cannot use my Nord Stage 2EX, so i dont have any hardware synth to switch between sound presets and play. So because the band has a lot of songs with synth changes in between the song (its an indie rock band) , i figured out i could use LogicX to create a digital setup that allows me to switch automatically in between VST presets  that i can play through a midi keyboard that i have at my disposal.

1. There are click tracks and sequences that im not running, they come from another computer, so automatizing program changes would be dangerous if i dont play the play button at the same time as my bandmate.

2. I also have an MPC One at my disposal, but i bought it not a long ago and still dont really know how to use it.

3. My mac is a 2018 intel 15' inches macbook pro so i suppose i wont have big problems with possible crashes or anything, as this computer is pretty powerfull.

4. Im playing 10 songs more or less, so I presume that i'll need 15-25 VST patches in total.

The point is to create a setup that allows me to change quickly the VST sounds in between the songs. How do you recommend me to make the configuration for this gig?

Thanks for your help!

I use Logic on stage in a very elaborate fashion and have got a great way of managing my playlist, changing sounds, everything to make my gigs run smooth. Logic is a great live tool if you know how to use it. 
All that being said, your case is *exactly* what MainStage was made for and most Broadway pits and a lot of national touring acts use it, including Gary Numan, whom I just saw last week. 

Best $30 you’ll ever spend. 

• Like 3