Audio output issues fixed by opening other project?

JungleNYC

Weird. Running a simple Volt 276 in/out. Sounds great, but sometimes I'll get NO SOUND at all after opening or starting a Logic project. My settings are correct, haven't changed, and (yes) I do have that weird menu bar "MIC MODE" thing turned off (ht and thanks @des99!)

I see a signal in Logic, but no signal visible on the Volt.

So I switch to my iMac speakers as outputs, but no sound there either.

So I turned OFF/ON the Volt, UNPLUG/PLUG the Volt, switch all outputs back to Volt, but no signal. No dice.

Hmmm…

But then I close the project, open another project and… I HAVE SOUND!

Then I close that project, open the original project and… I HAVE SOUND!

No settings were changed. I didn't restart Logic or my iMac. The mere fact I opened another project seems to have 'jogged something loose'.

Anyone else seeing this? Is there something I'm missing here that could be causing it?

tia

PS, apologies in advance if it's something dumb/simple that I'm not doing right! 🤣 

On 3/28/2024 at 4:01 AM, David Nahmani said:

On the Stereo Out channel strip? 

When this occurs, is it after you've left your Mac idle for a period of time? 

Yes, when this happens I see signal both the channel strip and the Stereo Out, but no actual audio.

The times this has happened my Mac wasn't "idle" but I do have multiple users on this computer. When switching, we make sure to quit Logic (or any other program) and LOG OUT of the user. We do tend to leave the audio interface and monitors ON when switching. Not sure if that matters? Obviously Logic won't open if it's been left open on another account…but we definitely see 'gremlins' with user account switching sometimes. It wouldn't surprise me if this was related.

I'm also being prompted to update to 14.4.1 so perhaps that might have some positive effect.