Nektar CS12 Install Issues

trstack
Go to solution Solved by enossified,

I updated the firmware, installed the Control Core and Nektarine.

Using Mac OS 14.4.1, Logic 10.8.1, Yamaha Montage M8x with firmware 1.22

In Logic MIDI Settings I have 4 instances of the CS12 - Internal, Mixer, Instrument & Plugin

Not sure where things went sideways. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 11.21.03 AM.png

I just received mine today, and cannot figure out how to update the firmware..... version 00.01.29 Firmware is what is being displayed. I put the CS12 in FW update mode, opened "nkupdate" and clciked on "load file" and nothing happens, it takes me to Finder...... I then navigated to the actual bin file, and it will not open... i read the instructions TEN TIMES...this is so stupid, or I am stupid.....i hate crap like this

I had the same problem, the .bin file is not in the folder you downloaded. It is a file that exists wherever you downloaded it to. Look in the "Location" portion of your finder, not your downloads or desktop in the finder. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, trstack said:

I had the same problem, the .bin file is not in the folder you downloaded. It is a file that exists wherever you downloaded it to. Look in the "Location" portion of your finder, not your downloads or desktop in the finder. 

I downloaded everything to my "downloads" folder, and the bin file is in there, it just will not open.... But I will try your method (If I can even find the file this way) lol

Thanks a bunch!

P.S. It seems as though the controller works perfectly fine with Logic, so how big of a deal is the firmware update? And what is the latest firmware version? ( I could not find this info on their website...

I moved the file to my desktop, and THEN it worked....how friggin DUMB!

The other part that was infuriating is when they said to press both "Markers" and "Cycle Loop" to put it in Firmware update mode....well....there is no "Cycle/Loop" button just two "loop" buttons" and a "Selection" button for selecting the cycle...I had to read their minds on that one too.... In any case, it is a cool controller so far, and I appreciate your help!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bradley Hagen said:

I moved the file to my desktop, and THEN it worked....how friggin DUMB!

I agree that the install process is a bit convoluted and for me it came to a halt when it came time to update the firmware... until I figured out where to find the file (inside the mounted .dmg file): 

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 2.20.35 PM.png

Well folks! There you have it! If it was a tad convoluted for David, then maybe I am as not as dumb as I look! lol In any case, it IS a great unit, and I have only scratched the surface of it so far. Thanks to everyone who chimed in

• Like 1