Show menu list in shortcut editor (via hold option)?

Sir Hannes

Hi,

thought there was a quick way to navigate to the right entry in the shortcuts list by clicking any menu list together with option-modifier. Maybe it's another DAW. Anyway is there a way to directly jump to the right line? As in Piano Role theres a "move" feature, labelled as "Move left" / "Move right", no more added information unfortunately. In the keycommand menu they all have longer names like "Move left by ..." So I can't find it.

Posted (edited)

If you selected any entry in all the menus and held down the options button, the keycommand window opened and selected that entry directly. This meant that you could easily create your own personalised key commands from any menu. - Seems this was in another DAW.

The other question was regarding Piano Roll:

PianoRoll/ Edit/ Move/ Move to left or Move to right. When I look in the shortcut menu and search for "move left" I get over 20 entries, but they say "move region/event position left by 1 XYZ", there is no simple command like I find in the edit menu.

Edited by Sir Hannes

Per David's comment above...the nudge values/sub menu:
Screenshot2024-04-02at00_28_20.thumb.png.ced3520cf8e21594e3afde4c4147fe50.png

Also take a look in the key commands window....you can choose from/can create your own key commands for a range of nudge (and other) operations...by tick, by division, by beat, by bar, a.s.o.

Screenshot2024-04-02at00_34_44.thumb.png.4bbfa16e493532b12c08cd0815b6092e.png

The Snap menu provides a range of values (as above) that affect the stock "move" commands - the arrow keys, with or without modifiers.

Screenshot2024-04-02at00_36_22.thumb.png.c4abe4f99a78e1150ed82ec9deec4292.png

30 minutes ago, Sir Hannes said:

If you selected any entry in all the menus and held down the options button, the keycommand window opened and selected that entry directly.

Ohhhh okay I get it now. 😅

So yes, you do that in Logic Pro by holding down the Control key while choosing any menu item.