Logic crashing when trying to save any new projects

Hi,

My MacBook's storage was being taken up (over 100GB) with a folder named File Provider, located /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support. This seems to be an issue with my model of MacBook and so I cleared the folder and then the bin. See this apple forum thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255400377?sortBy=best (TLDR: it seems to be used for cloud storage syncing). I now realise that iCloud storage is the wrong way to go with Logic.

Having cleared File Provider without issue once before, I did the same today and I can now no longer save Logic projects. I have tried creating a template then loading from it, saving to local storage, saving to different cloud storage, uninstalling re-installing etc., saving as new project/ copy. However, all of this results in the same 'Application not responding' problem. Also, I have tried exporting the tracks and moving to a new project and saving, however I am still unable to save, not to mention that this wouldn't carry over the plugins. When trying to open Logic files already on local storage, the following error appears: 'The file couldn’t be opened because it isn’t in the correct format. The file might be corrupted, truncated, or in an incorrect format'. These files were opening fine prior to me deleting the File Provider folder.

I've been working on this project for a long time so if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated!

Specs:

MacBook Air M1 2020

MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

Logic Version 10.8.1

Storage location: saving to iCloud