Input processing recording is not working.

Chad Joshua
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I had been using a 2008 tower that was maxed out and fine until recently it died, so I had to download 10.8.1 onto my M1 Laptop for a temporary solution.   I was fine with finishing the last section, then finally I started tracking the next song, and wanted to record compression to tape,  I dont have an outboard solution so I created an AUX track as I typically had done on the old system,   Set it to input 1,,,  I Chose a bus out,  Immediately at this point I see a problem because there is signal at the stereo bus....   On my audio track I select the bus as input.   There is no signal to the meter of the audio track even with the correct bus selected.   What's strange to me is.... I try to troubleshoot and I hit no input on the output of the audio track and I can see signal on the corresponding meter.   So I don't know what.   

• Solution

An easier way to print a plug-in to tape is:

1. Open the MIDI Environment (Command + 0),
  2. Create an input channel strip (New > Channel Strip > Input),
  3. If you need the effect to process an input other than Input 1, then choose the desired input number from the Inspector's 'Channel' parameter,
  4. Insert the plug-in on the Input channel strip,
  5. In the Tracks area, record your audio track (with that input selected) as usual.

If you'd rather troubleshoot your current workflow, could you share a screenshot of the Mixer where we can see your entire input and output routing for all channel strips, during a recording attempt so that we can see the activity on your meters?