Logic Compressor sidechain keeps stopping working

ADLondon
Go to solution Solved by cinningbao,

Is there any reason a track (let's say drum track that is constant) that is being fed into the sidechain of a compressor on another track (eg. a synth) might stop triggering the sidechain compression? (Other than if the drums stop playing of course).

Re-booting Logic seems to kickstart it again, but I don't want to have to keep checking and doing this.

I haven't sent a screen recording as it's exactly what I have said - and yes, I do have the correct instrument on the sidechain as it works - when it works!

• Solution

The only thing I can think of which 'stops' side-chain stuff happening is running in Low-Latency mode, but you'd know if it was running and should be able to associate that with this issue

Is it stopping in exactly the same place every time? If so, I'd look for an automation thing you didn't know was written? I've no idea how your project is setup, but I think these are good places to start 🙂

• Like 4

On 4/3/2024 at 5:07 PM, cinningbao said:

The only thing I can think of which 'stops' side-chain stuff happening is running in Low-Latency mode, but you'd know if it was running and should be able to associate that with this issue

Is it stopping in exactly the same place every time? If so, I'd look for an automation thing you didn't know was written? I've no idea how your project is setup, but I think these are good places to start 🙂

@cinningbao Hi. I finally managed to get back to this track and you were right! Such a simple thing to check and yet - it was that!! I was in low latency mode! Turn it off and it works again. Thank you!