way to see most recently added track?

hi all.

i so frequently add a track, load a plugin then move somewhere else and wonder where ive put that last track i added.

within a huge session it quickly gets confusing and frustrating and i dont always remember to put it at the top/bottom for ease.

does anyone know if there is a way of finding the most recently added track quickly?

thanks!

Perhaps open the Undo History window?
Option-Z.

Ideally, try to find a "methodical" workflow that works for you/your headspace (maybe use of folders or colours, etc.)....and then "force" yourself to follow this until it becomes habit.
Even if you're disciplined with this on most occasions, different projects will throw up challenges that necessitate a different approach...so all bets are gonna be off. 😉

• Like 3

What @oscwilde says. Good ideas there for structuring your work!

I don't mean this derogatory in any way:

A large part of an artists work is the ability to actually create a workflow and finish the work.

So either you have to focus yourself a bit more, or deal with your personal jumpiness by just letting it go, follow the flow and re-discover things you did a couple of minutes ago.

Another idea:

Always add new tracks at the bottom of your project - that way you can sort of follow your progress. Once you like a track then move it back up into your regular track/mixing layout. Again: discipline to do it a certain way.