Apple Loops Library Issues

velanche

Hey Gang!

I’ve been on a roll to clean up some annoyances in Logic of late, so now I turn my attention to the Loops Browser.

Lately, when I dragged third-party loops in the browser, I’m not getting the prompt to ask if I would like a copy of the files to be relocated elsewhere. So, I have no idea if deleting the original folder located elsewhere will cause broken references to occur. How can I fix this? 

\

Also, turns out that I have some duplicates, and I’m unsure on how to get rid of them from the Loop Browser. I also have some loops that are grayed out, so not sure how to delete those either.

I could use some guidance here; thanks!

Best approach is to look at each issue separately as the solutions are gonna differ/require a different method.

- Duplicates.....what's duplicated - folders or individual files? (Garageband "packs", for example)?
Have you created many/any of your own loops?
- Third-party loops....are you dragging these into the Untagged Loops tab?
- Greyed out loops may be related to the above....so we'll see if these need to be addressed after taking care of the first two.