Anyone Else Notice Latency Issues Tracking Guitar With Amp Plug Ins?

rocknrollchef

As tiny as it may be... has anyone else noticed just a bit of latency tracking electric guitar direct into Logic while using one of their many amp modeling plug ins? Or is that just my imagination? I seem to notice it more when I'm playing faster lead fills - it just doesn't feel like the response is there, comparied to playing through a real amp. And yes, that's a problem for the final quality of the recording. Okay let me know what you know about this THANK YOU

What version are you using? When everything is working the way it should, I've found Logic is as able to work with as little round trip latency as other DAWs, which at a 32 (or sometimes 64) sample buffer is good enough for guitar amp sims, even with a musician who is very sensitive to latency.

This is excluding intermittent and weird situations I've run into where the same projects would have less latency when loaded in 10.7.9 than 10.8.