Audio Regions not working

TmhaLogic34
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I am trying to splice a song and my audio regions will RANDOMLY snap nowhere near where I dragged/placed them. And when I say random, its completely random. I feel as if it’s a bug, but I’m really not sure at this point. 

It is making my projects a nightmare. I have looked everywhere and people say the same thing about what to set snap and drag to, etc. 

But NONE of these fix the issue. 

sometimes it will place the region where I want, when overlapping/splicing. But lately I’ve had multiple projects where my regions aren’t anywhere near where I dragged them.

this is my second time posting about this issue! I have snap off, drag is set to overlap, I’ve tried other drag settings, but it doesn’t solve anything. 

this has nothing to do with snap or drag. So what is the issue?! 

What's the end goal?
Do you want your regions to "butt up" against one another or do you actually want them to overlap?
Note that only ONE region can be heard at a time on a given track, so only one of the overlapped regions will be audible.

Logic doesn't "randomly" handle region edits - it does what it's asked to do by the user.
We just need to know what you - the user - wants to do....and then tell Logic this.

15 minutes ago, oscwilde said:

What's the end goal?
Do you want your regions to "butt up" against one another or do you actually want them to overlap?
Note that only ONE region can be heard at a time on a given track, so only one of the overlapped regions will be audible.

Logic doesn't "randomly" handle region edits - it does what it's asked to do by the user.
We just need to know what you - the user - wants to do....and then tell Logic this.

Simply trying to splice it so it sounds like it’s all one song. I’m taking a song, then mixing it up and making it my own version. So I’m trying to line up the sound waves, or overlap etc. 

Regardless, the regions are snapping randomly. Idk what else to say? 

6 minutes ago, TmhaLogic34 said:

Simply trying to splice it so it sounds like it’s all one song. I’m taking a song, then mixing it up and making it my own version. So I’m trying to line up the sound waves, or overlap etc. 

Regardless, the regions are snapping randomly. Idk what else to say? 

Like I said, it will randomly go left or right, sometimes super far, sometimes not. And sometimes it just stays where I put it. Not sure if there’s a setting where it’s trying to line up the sound waves or something? But sometimes it drags it so far from the region I’m trying to tie it into, so I’m a bit confused. 

I can share my settings or show you what I have selected. I would greatly appreciate the help, as it is messing up my workflow and this is something I will need to continue to do for future projects. 

thanks!

29 minutes ago, oscwilde said:

What's the end goal?

Is it something to do with the anchor feature do you think? I’m not currently near my computer, but I can try and mess with that feature tomorrow. Otherwise I’m still confused 

5 hours ago, polanoid said:

Have you tried switching this off already? image.png.cb8198212dbfcc8ad84d1c2117bd8da4.png

Is there something in the Automation settings that would maybe fix this or explain what’s maybe happening? Because yeah, the zero crossings deselected doesn’t work