Logic Pro 9 Projects Missing

I'm trying to relocate many of my logic pro 9 projects, NOT the files from a project . I can't seem to find a video anywhere to find missing projects in logic pro 9. If I click on the spotlight on the top right hand corner in logic, and I start to type in the title of a song or project, a lot of the times it just shows me a file or folder of the project I'm looking for, but not the actual project. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

18 minutes ago, Golden Boy Jimmy Smithers said:

it just shows me a file or folder of the project I'm looking for, but not the actual project.

So to take a specific example of that - what's the file? If you go to that folder, what's in the folder?

Not sure if I'm replying to my own post, or to Des99, but when I click on a folder or a file in spotlight, I see files from the project like audio or whatever but not the actual project. If it says Logic Pro project to the right of the file, then it will open up the actual project not just a file. But I actually cannot find the projects anywhere, just the files.

16 minutes ago, Golden Boy Jimmy Smithers said:

I see files from the project like audio or whatever but not the actual project

So in your old projects, you recorded your audio files from a project to some place other than where you saved the project? Did you not just save your projects to a standard, single location that you can just navigate to and find them all, or did you store them all over the place?

When I installed logic years ago, I knew absolutely nothing about software recording. I basically would create a new project and then click "save as" after I titled it. The files and projects are probably all over the place, I get that, but my main problem is I cannot find the project anywhere no matter where I search whether it's all my files, documents, applications Etc. If I wanted to open up a project, I would go to file, open recent, and it would show me a list of all the projects I recently opened, but there would only be so many there, but somehow in the past I've been able to find recent projects that were not populating on the "open recent" list. Now I cannot find the projects ANYWHERE!

1 hour ago, Golden Boy Jimmy Smithers said:

I basically would create a new project and then click "save as" after I titled it. The files and projects are probably all over the place, I get that

Ah, well that's going to make your life a lot harder. It's a lot better to put everything in a drawer, rather than to throw it around the house randomly..! 😉

1 hour ago, Golden Boy Jimmy Smithers said:

but my main problem is I cannot find the project anywhere no matter where I search whether it's all my files, documents, applications Etc. If I wanted to open up a project, I would go to file, open recent, and it would show me a list of all the projects I recently opened, but there would only be so many there, but somehow in the past I've been able to find recent projects that were not populating on the "open recent" list. Now I cannot find the projects ANYWHERE!

You'll need to figure out whether not finding them is because you're not searching properly, or because they are not there.

How are you searching for them? Are you using Spotlight to search for Logic project files (regardless of their name)..? This will show you all Logic projects only on your system...