Wish List: Easier way to make a Round Robin Drum Kit

As far as I know, the Sampler is the best way to make a Round Robin Drum Kit from third party samples.  

I find the workflow tedious.  For example, you have to create a Group for every sample.  Then rename every group.   Multiply this over 60 or more samples and you're spending significant amounts of time.  

I think this is because the Sampler is designed for other types of instruments.  It would be great to have a dedicated Mode for the Sampler that accommodates Drums, or a dedicated Round Robin Sampler.   (toss all your samples in, set up the details on a single page, cut out all unnecessary steps).  

What do you guys and gals think?   Is anyone using a third party solution for this?  If so, what's it called?

Kontakt is your best bet here, and it's also good that it would work in all daws.

Still, it's A LOT of prep and work, but I tried first with Sampler and it just doesn't have the control, depth & tools kontakt offers 

• Like 1

Hi,

That's good to know.  I will check into it.  I really wish there was an onboard Logic tool that would accomplish this, but it's looking more and more like a third party solution is the way to go for me.  

I was just sitting here still working on Sampler.  Suddenly the samples don't sound when you test it w a Midi region on the timeline.  Just way too much troubleshooting to deal with.  

Thanks for the tip.