Keyboard shortcuts/layout

stormy
Go to solution Solved by des99,

I just moved to a new MacBook Pro with a big jump in OS (Catalina to Sonoma) and Logic version (10.6 to 10.8) and I'm needing to reconfigure some stuff, like control surfaces (not sure why).

Since most of my X-Touch One customizations are done by assigning keyboard shortcuts to the control surface, if I change to another shortcut set, I lose them. So I'm ready to start from scratch and redo my customizations, there are only a few.

I have a Spanish keyboard but I use Logic in English. Should I pick the Spanish shortcuts or the US ones? Forgive the very basic question!

I don't see very obvious differences between both sets of shortcuts, is there a way to check? I would hate to redo all my customizations and control surface assignments only to realize I had picked the wrong language...

Edited by stormy

• Solution

If you had copied your preferences from the old machine to the new one, all your old configurations would still be intact - can you retrieve your old preferences from that machine, or your backups? That would seem simpler...

I've only now realized/remembered that you can export shortcuts and also filter the customized ones, so I can open my old machine and see what's what. For some reason I started my shortcuts from the Pro Tools preset, about 10 years ago. I haven't used PT for 20 years though...