Logic Pro version 10.4.1 with Mac OS Monterey?

nickkoff

Hi 🙂

If his has been covered, apologies in advance..

Im using Logic Pro version 10.4.1 with Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 and i'm wondering if i update to Mac OS Monterey will my version of Logic work without problems? If not, then should I... 

A: Not update to Monterey and just leave everything as is?

B: Update to Monterey and update my Logic version?  (If B: Does it cost much to update Logic?)

Thank you anyone, Nick 🙂

It will likely work, but you might as well update Logic in the meantime. Logic updates are free, so you can update to the most recent version your macOS system supports.

So I'd suggest you backup your current system (and version of Logic), update macOS, then update Logic from the App Store.

• Like 1

Oh cool! Thanks so much for your prompt reply des99

Thats good to hear. I thought it may not work, also I have not updated Logic for years, so could not remember if it was free. Now I need to find out if Monterey will effect my Logic Backing Tracks saved as MP3 files in custom playlists within the 'iTunes' app. As it'll probably change the app to 'Music' when i upgrade... Any ideas on this?

Cheers, Nick 🙂

1 minute ago, nickkoff said:

Now I need to find out if Monterey will effect my Logic Backing Tracks saved as MP3 files in custom playlists within the 'iTunes' app. As it'll probably change the app to 'Music' when i upgrade... Any ideas on this?

All my iTunes music is in Music, but I think *playlists* don't translate, so you'll need to decide what to do about that, unfortunately...

• Like 1

Thanks again des99 I appreciate your help. 

I can create new Playlists in the Music app if i need to. Although, thinking on it... they're played back within the OnSong app where they're in Playlists anyway. So it probably doesn't matter.

Thanks & cheers, Nick 🙂 

• Like 1