Unwanted projects

I've recently started relearning logic pro 9. (Never made the upgrade to Pro X) and have found multiple files and projects of older projects. I'm looking to create new projects without having multiples every time I save the project. Example, if I save a project then decide to do an edit like color a track or add another track, then when I save that edit, it creates a second project. I would like it to be just simple and edit the project I'm working on without it making multiple projects after every edit.

17 minutes ago, starlitewalker said:

Very odd, are you clicking save as by accident?

No. I am just clicking "Save" Yesterday I opened up a dummy project,Created a blank track, then clicked save then I created another fake track colored it, then clicked save again. Tried it a third time,Then clicked save once more. When I then go over to Spotlight on the right Top Hand corner, I see three separate projects created Titled .01, 0.2, 0.3. When I hover over any of them, I can actually see a screenshot of each project created. I don't want a bunch of unnecessary saves from projects taking up Disk space.

7 minutes ago, Golden Boy Jimmy Smithers said:

I am just clicking "Save"

Do you mean you choose File > Save from the menu at the top of your screen? 

Watch the project name at the top of the main window in Logic Pro when you do that. Do you see the project name change from .01 to .02 when you choose File > Save? 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, David Nahmani said:

Do you mean you choose File > Save from the menu at the top of your screen? 

Watch the project name at the top of the main window in Logic Pro when you do that. Do you see the project name change from .01 to .02 when you choose File > Save? 

1 hour ago, David Nahmani said:

What your describing is definitely not the expected behavior. 

Are you saving your projects organized as folders or packages? 

Is the disk you're saving to formatted APFS or Mac OS Extended? 

My computer is a Mac Book Pro 2009. Like I said in an earlier post, I knew nothing about software recording, and haven't messed with logic in a few years, so I'm not really sure. I just facetimed a friend's who used to use logic pro 9  and showed him what I was talking about and he said pretty much what you said about doesn't seem to be the expected behavior. Is there a setting somewhere in logic or on the computer that will just save a project without making multiple projects after each edit? It seems to be working as I was clicking on "save as" not "save" while using command S, it always creates a new project.

15 minutes ago, des99 said:

"Save as" creates a new project, yes, that's what it does. Save just saves your current project. You should just "save" your work, not keep "save as"-ing to a new project.

I don't know how to be any clearer about this. I do only click "Save" or command S, NOT "Save as". In the spotlight window you will see the new saved project listed with numbers .01, .02, .03, Etc. If I click on any of the displayed projects, it will open it up with the settings that I saved it as. If there's only one track in view in that project when I saved it, that's what will be displayed.

Perhaps you are seeing previous auto-backedup versions? Logic saves previous copies of the project (up to an amount you specify in the preferences, I think it defaults to 10 maybe), as a safety feature. But the recent save will always be the project you are saving to. Just ignore those backups, or you can turn it off in the preferences (I forget the exact place offhand, it's been a decade since I opened Logic 9...)

@Golden Boy Jimmy Smithers Can you answer these questions?

16 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Are you saving your projects organized as folders or packages? 

Is the disk you're saving to formatted APFS or Mac OS Extended? 

16 hours ago, David Nahmani said: