Project file size at 10.6GB?!

globet

How did this happen? Re-saved as and its now at 277.2MB which is about right.

It appears the Logic file size increases each time you open and close it. Very interesting how it increased up to 10.6GB.

ProjectFileSize10GB.thumb.png.3bddf669595ebab9b38f471d72674458.png

Edited by globet

Logic's file size does not increase every time you open/close it. However, there is stuff stored in there like your undo history, and different versions and alternates.

Why don't you have a look inside the package and see which data is taking up the space? Right-click on it in Finder, and select "Show Package Contents" and have a look...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, des99 said:

Logic's file size does not increase every time you open/close it. However, there is stuff stored in there like your undo history, and different versions and alternates.

Why don't you have a look inside the package and see which data is taking up the space? Right-click on it in Finder, and select "Show Package Contents" and have a look...

Thanks. I didn't even know you can look inside the project file. Ok, the reason is Audio Chops saved as an instrument. Did it a few times each time is like 3GB.

Yeah, that is very stupid... happened to me to at times when I created a sampler instrument from several regions of one longer audio file. Every slice would get a copy of the whole damn file...

I fixed it by going back and before creating the sampler instrument converted all the regions to individual audio regions.

7 minutes ago, wonshu said:

before creating the sampler instrument converted all the regions to individual audio regions.

Can you elaborate on this a bit? Yes, I had a single audio loop, cut it into around 30 smaller audio samples and created a Sample Instrument from that. Is there a better approach?

When you're done with your regions and before creating the sampler instruments select all those regions and hit the Edit -> Convert -> Audio Regions to new audio Files (or the key command that goes with it...)

Then create your instrument from that.

• Like 1