Warning message: "One or multiple audio files changed in length!"

globet

This happens when Logic accidentally truncates an audio file. Usually if you go to your Audio Files folder within the Project folder or package the affected audio files will be much smaller than they should be or sometimes have a very recent modification date. If you find a backup of those files and replace them the regions will go back to normal and the error will disappear.

Even though I’ve only seen this problem twice, I’ve started backing up my Audio Files folder after recording sessions to counteract this problem.

There’s a whole inconclusive thread about this issue here but the only takeaway so far is: nobody knows what causes it, it can happen on very basic setups, and backing up the Audio Files folder helps.

• Like 2

What's really important here is to pinpoint exactly which 2 audio files it's referring to. Looking at most recent modified date doesn't speak much as there are more than 2 audio files with similar modified dates. Would like to see it highlighted (then we can know if it's even an important enough of an audio file to care) and this issue is resolved. 

one of the reasons i like saving my work as packages. if i have an issue with a project, i can simply restore the backup file (from my backup drive 😉) and get right back to work. no need to sort out specific errant audio files...

of course, if you save as a folder, you could just copy back the audio folder.. 🤔

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, globet said:

What's really important here is to pinpoint exactly which 2 audio files it's referring to. Looking at most recent modified date doesn't speak much as there are more than 2 audio files with similar modified dates. Would like to see it highlighted (then we can know if it's even an important enough of an audio file to care) and this issue is resolved. 

What about the file lengths? Are any of them unexpectedly small, such as 40 KB?