Re-triggering Held Notes in Logic Pro X?

Raoulsplace

I have a question regarding Logic Pro X and my MIDI controller. When I press and hold the C key on my MIDI controller, and then strike and release the G key, I want the C key (which is still being held down) to be audible again. Currently, this is not happening. Could anyone advise on how I can achieve this?

I assume this is for a software instrument plug-in that currently plays a monophonic sound? In that case this would depend on how the plug-in itself handles this. E.g. in Retro Synth, "Mono" mode wil retrigger the C when you release the G, while "Legato" will simply change the pitch to C without retriggering

Edited by polanoid
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, fisherking said:

what's the instrument? is it polyphonic? is the sustain on the sound long enough that it should in fact continue? lots of variables, so we need more info....

Actually I want this to happen with all

instruments. For example when I choose a piano I can’t choose between Mono, Poly, Legato.

But, when I play a piano or any other instrument without poly/mono option with a guitar fretboard in Logic Remote I can do this. When I press a string and keep on holding it and play another note and release it on the same string the first held note is retriggered. So I was thinking: when it can be done wile playing a guitar fretboard somehow it must also be possible on a midi keyboard.