Is it possible to control duration of staccato?

HLM01

Is it possible in the Articulation Set or maybe Events List to control exactly how short a staccato is as an articulation? I'm scoring a big band in Logic and the staccato is a little too classical i.e. a bit too clipped for detached quarter notes. 

I realise the duration can be achieved in the piano roll for playback but the score's articulations override it. Just wondered if I could have my cake and eat it too by having the score play exactly what I want!   

Thanks

@wonshu is referring to the actual sound you will hear depending on the instrument / sample loaded and the setting of its envelopes, and that will affect the performance more than anything else. 

In the spirit of your question: 

File > Project Settings > Score > MIDI Meaning 

The first symbol listed is the staccato dot, and there you can adjust the velocity and length imposed on a note. The duration setting is a percentage figure, so it will interact with the note as it already exists. That is, it will not force a staccato note to any specific, uniform length. It will only modify the recorded length of a note. 

MIDI Meaning is a curious function. I use Logic almost exclusively for sample playback and attempted realism, and I've never used MIDI Meaning. Over decades of reading this and other forums, MIDI Meaning is rarely discussed, and I suspect, rarely used. It lives in an odd juncture between Logic's feature-heavy MIDI/audio and notation-based programs that emphasize engraved printout. 

Deeper sample-based libraries like VSL can have up to five versions of "staccato," so again, the sample is the greater arbiter of what you'll hear. 

• Like 2