playback/record start stutter with interface

tyrebo
Go to solution Solved by tyrebo,

when using an Arturia AudioFuse interface, connected via USB 3.1, when I hit play or record, there is this start/stop stuttering, eventually it starts. Shown here cycling is on, but it makes no difference. Also, whether the Mac, the Audiofuse, or both, is powered externally makes no difference. The CPU meter shows no unusual activity during this.

here's a link showing the issue, and a jpeg of the settings is attached, as soon as I change the input and output devices to anything other than the Audiofuse, it works fine.

LPX_Audiofuse.mov

Should I consider this an LPX issue to address, or should I contact Arturia? (rarely a satisfying experience).

Until now I've tolerated this, but now I'm doing much more work.

Any input much appreciated.

Tyler

IMG_7791.jpg

I use an AF on an M1/Sonoma 14.4.1/10.8.1.
No probs at all....processing threads is set to automatic.

The AF is connected directly to the Mac - not thru a hub.
I use a USB-A (female)/USB-C "pigtail" adaptor cable...about 15cm long...with the original cable supplied by Arturia.
I have tried other cables but they were a bit "flaky"...and would randomly disconnect.

have not had random disconnects. When I first got the M1, I had several problems with the original AF cables with adapters, Arturia seemed a bit baffled, or not yet familiar with M1 issues and their stuff. I am connected directly, with a USB mini (or is it micro?) to USB 3.1 cable, as they suggested trying.

I'm still not certain if it's a LPX issue, or the Mac, or the Audiofuse. I'll try setting threads to automatic. Thanks for your reply- T

12 hours ago, JakobP said:

If you go Logic Pro > Control Surfaces > Bypass All Control Surfaces, does that change anything ? Are you connecting stuff to the "usb hub" ports on the interface ?

I don't use a control surface and have nothing connected to the hub, but I made the change you suggested anyway just now. I have been working all day with no problems after changing threads to automatic. Some more trouble free working hours will verify that was the solution. Thanks for your suggestions. T