Advice on new interface, buying Saturday.

Hi everyone, my focusrite scarlett 2i4 has failed with a scratchy volume pot that cuts the sound out left and right randomly, so I need to replace my interface. 

My budget is around £130 so I am not sure wether just to go with the scarlett 2i2 3rd gen as that is exactly on budget, I just wanted to know some options for what I can get for my money and what is best. 

It is my birthday tomorrow and my Mum is buying me the interface as a present, although we don't get payed until Saturday so thats when I will order it. 

Thank you for your help, Conan. 

Edited by conanthewarrior

The 2i2 3rd gen is certainly a great quality/price ratio. In that price range, you can also consider Arturia which makes great products, or even the Universal Audio Volt 1, or some of the Presonus interfaces. I'm personally not a big fan of the M-Audio interfaces, and would recommend staying away from Behringer. 

But all in all, if the 2i2 3rd gen meets your needs then I wouldn't overthink it and go for it, it's a fine choice. 🙂 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up choosing the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 as it fits my needs and I am familiar with Focusrite products from owning the first gen 2i4. 

Everywhere else had it for £130 but I managed to get it from Thomann for just £99! The only snag is I ordered it on the 1st and it won't be here until the 9th or 10th of May, as it has to be shipped over from Germany I imagine. 

Thank you for your helpful advice. 

• Like 1